Customers are the life of your business. Thus, taking care of their convenience is the most important thing to do. Acquiring customers is probably easier but retaining them is difficult. So, how can you do this? First of all, you should understand your customers’ expectations, demands and behavior.
Fulfilling your customers’ demands is all. For example, if you have a first-time customer, and they are asking for budget-friendly jewelry. You will know that the customer has some budget restrictions. That’s how you get an idea about your client base. You can use order fulfillment software.
As a seller, you should ask them about the budget range and show them the variety available within the budget bar. This is understanding customer behavior. What to do when your business is established online? Now, who will tell you what your customers are finding? It is even easier to track the progress of the online business. The software provides you with analytical data regarding customer behavior along with sales and purchases.
Why should you manage customers? If you have a linear attitude towards your customers, then you might get them but it will be their one-time visit. To encourage them to come back and shop again you have to make things according to them.
For example, if the customers find your products too expensive, but somehow you manage to fit the things into their budget, this will encourage them to shop again. They will notice the humbleness in your behavior that you provide them with the product of their choice. This retains the customer for a longer period.
Using your software is not a bad idea as long as you are expanding the client base. There are several services related to customer management and you should use them for attracting and retaining customers.
Here are some features that you can use for attracting customers
- Real-time Notifications: Providing a feature of real-time notification can make customers relieved as they can keep an eye on their orders. They can track the process of shipment until the orders are received.To give this feature to your customers you can get an order tracking software.
- Promotion: By using the software you can auto-generate promotions for your brand and you do not need any manual work. Your customers can get emails or text messages for the same. This will help them to get notified about the latest deals and offers or any other colossal activity of your brand.
- Multiple Shipments: You have to choose software that allows customers to have multiple shipping addresses. It is convenient for retail businessmen to place orders for their multiple branches. They can easily enter two or three addresses in the same order.
- Bulk Export: Unlike other e-commerce sites, you should get software that allows you to ship orders in bulk. Managing several customers at one time becomes difficult and bulk orders make it adverse. Thus, exporting in bulk helps shipping orders faster.
- Get wholesale orders in just a few clicks: Wholesale orders are generally hectic and that is why people prefer taking it from the market instead of online purchases. But if you focus on the b2b model online you will notice a huge profit, because of low competition. In b2b the other business is your customer. Give them the ease to order in bulk in just a few clicks. Wholesale custom inventory management software can make it easier for you.
- Work according to customers: Track customer behavior and see what they are expecting from you. Channelise your energy into noticing what goods they want to purchase. Reorder instantly if you are running out of stock.
- Easy Payments: Payments play an important role for both parties and customers look for a vendor that provides them with an easy payment method. You should give them freedom of every payment like COD, debit cards, credit cards, PayPal, etc.
- Invoice: A real vendor will always provide their customers with the invoice. This is one of the methods to build and strengthen their trust. Invoice is also important for you to maintain a customer’s record.
- Customer Account: When purchasing online, your customer should get a personal account which holds their activities and personal information just to maintain their record. For example, companies like Amazon have different accounts for each buyer and seller. Whatever the buyer buys they can track it easily by logging in. This makes it easier for both parties to maintain customer information.
- Customer Support: Sometimes orders get stuck or get late due to unfavorable conditions. In such scenarios, customers require someone they can drop a complaint. You should get a customer support team that can be built or third-party support but your customer gets this facility, especially in online business.
Managing customers, especially an online business is extremely difficult, but if you own an order fulfillment software, things will get easier for you. You will start retaining customers for a longer period due to hassle-free customer management.